Acceptable Digital Image Instructions for Online Submission.
- The photo must be easily viewed, in focus and recognizable as you.
- The photo must be colour, colour photo must show a clear, front view of the applicant's full face.
- The photo must be a portrait, in focus, of only the applicant.
- Hats, headbands or sunglasses may not be worn in the photo.
- The applicant's eyes must be open and looking directly ahead.
- No photos with filters, pets, objects, props or additional person.
- Head coverings worn for religious or medical reasons can be worn but must not cover any part of the applicant’s face. The head covering must not obscure or obstruct a full front view of the applicant’s face, nor can it cast a shadow on the face. Persons with a niqab or burka who require their University ID Card be issued at the University of Guelph campus will have a female staff member photograph and verify the individual’s identity in a private setting.
- The image format is .jpeg or .jpg
Steps to take a picture:
- The photo should be taken as a standard portrait. This means that you should be able to submit a photo taken with a cell phone or digital camera held so that the picture is taller than it is wide, and with your head centered in most of the photo.
- Make sure you are centered in the frame of the image and take the picture.
- You are now ready to upload your picture through Online Photo Submission.
NOTE: "It is fraudulent to submit a photograph of anyone other than the named individual who is registered at the University of Guelph OR University of Guelph-Humber. Submitting a fraudulent photo may result in sanctions or penalties under the University of Guelph OR University of Guelph-Humber Policies and Procedures."